Transportation contributes majorly to the Nation’s GDP. It raises the production efficiency and connects directly to the logistics system. Vehicles that are used for transporting goods must have certain qualities.
Transportation is generally categorized into two. One is public transport, which runs for meeting the needs of all sectors of people for transportation of goods and services. The other one is transport for non-generic use, which is for the plant operations and the means of transportation will be by the non-transport enterprise.
There are different modes of transportation with their own advantages and disadvantages. Let us now look at them.
· The capacity for loading and unloading goods is more.
· For long distance delivery of goods, Rail transport offers more frequency.
· Climatic conditions have no effect on Rail transport.
· Rail transport is free from traffic and congestion.
· Initial capital investment is huge.
· Construction requires extensive usage of materials
· Fuel consumption is also high.
· For transporting heavy load and large sized cargo, water transport is economically feasible.
· It is the safest mode of transport without accidents.
· Construction cost is less and the maintenance is also cheaper.
· Also, suitable for international movement of goods.
· Weather conditions affect them directly.
· Requires huge capital investment.
· The speed of transit of goods is slower.
· Fastest mode of transport.
· Guarantees quick delivery of goods even to remote places.
· Highly reliable.
· It is the most expensive mode of transport.
· Adverse weather conditions abrupt the transportation.
· High constructive cost
· Fuel consumption is also huge.
· Highly flexible and ability to move the vehicles fast.
· Uses multiple routes and chooses the shortest and fastest route to deliver goods quickly.
· Offers the service of door delivery.
· Ensures safety for cargo shipment.
· More number of options to select from a carrier and you may select the best vehicle for carrying the goods.
· Cheaper means of transport.
· High cost for long distance.
· Climatic conditions affect them to an extent.
· Low productivity.
Bigtruck App – Find an economical and the fastest means for your Cargo Shipment through Road Transport
These days automation and digitalization has become common across industries and cargo shipment/logistics/transportation industry is no exception.
So, finding a road transport means for cargo shipment is not at all difficult. It is only a few taps away through an App.
There are Apps available through which you may find out the cheapest means for shipping your cargo by means of land transport. It is recommend to use Big Truck App. This App works very well if you want to ship your cargo and keep track of your cargo throughout the transit. This is the best App, if you want to ship in an economical and cost effective manner.
The App has listed various Truck Owners, who can assign a truck and a driver for your cargo shipment. You may post your work order, about your shipment, the weight of the shipment, type of goods to be shipped, from where it needs to be picked up and where it needs to be delivered. An intimation will be sent to all the nearby by Truck Owners and they will quote or bid for your work order. In fact, you can also give a fixed price for your work order. You may choose a Truck Owner to whom you will assign the work order. And, then everything can be completely tracked, like which is the truck that will carry your shipment, the driver details and throughout the transit till the successful delivery.
I recommend you download this App from the play store today and ship your cargo through the most economical and a safe mode.